28 April 2014

William Rast

This week in Drapers I saw an article promoting Justin Timberlakes' clothing range, William Rast. Although a huge fan of the singer, I never knew he had a clothing range for men and women which he started back in 2005 with his friend Trace Ayala. But as I began to read the article I realised why this was. Originally, the price point was in the £100s with jeans costing around £240 a pair and the line is only just launching in the UK, so when shopping online or in store I would have never have come across this brand due to the price point being out of my range and the location.
However, this Autumn William Rast is launching in the UK and completely changing its' ways by bringing the price point down by up to 60% to appeal to the younger consumer, the article stating around 18 to 35s are now there target range. Tshirts now start at £10, £20 for shirts and £40 for jackets which is in line with many high street retailers.

This shows that not all high quality products need to cost, in my case, way out of what I can afford and now in the modern day how a brand can effectively reverse its production ways to appeal to a wider group of customers.

The William Rast website describes the brand as the 'denim culture brand for new America' The overall feel of with hints of biker inspiration. The line is a very layered wintery look with my personal favourite the grey tweed look coat in Image 4.

Watch: #whoiswilliamrast London Takeover


William Rast Lookbook



Images: William Rast






No comments:

Post a Comment